Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The following reflection was written by Br. Michael Mascarenhas. Br. Michael professed his first vows as a Capuchin earlier this summer.


A NIGHT TO REMEMBER... 
  On July 18th 2013, I professed temporary vows during evening Mass at St. Philip Neri parish in Toronto. It was a very          emotional experience for me. I felt God`s presence as I recited the vows of poverty, chastity and obedience in front of my   brothers and members of my family. I felt at peace and I was full of joy.  My family was there with me, and I was home in my province. It meant a lot to me for them to be there.   I spent the last three and a half years discerning my vocation with the Capuchins, including this past year in my novitiate in Santa Inez, California.  It all led up to that moment where I professed my temporary vows before God. My provincial was emotional and I also felt like crying when I professed my vows and I remembered how far I have come and how much growth I have made. I remember thinking after the Mass how it was all worthwhile. I am a different person now than I was when I began this journey three years ago. I’m grateful for the support over these beginning years.   I feel God has called me to live as a Capuchin friar and I thank Him for always being by my side. I    always think about that evening. It was so special and I will never forget it.   Bro. Michael Mascarenhas, ofm, cap

No comments:

Post a Comment